Outpost 31 US Antarctica 1982 Research Program Patch
- John Carpenter’s "The Thing"-inspired merchandise exclusive to Honcho-SFX.
- Original design inspired by the name of the American Antarctic research center which first appears in the iconic 1982 John Carpenter film "The Thing"
- Easy to apply: you can either “iron it on” (because it has an Iron-on backing) or you can sew it.
- A perfect gift for fans/addicts of the classic 1982 sci-fi horror movie "The Thing" starring famous actor Kurt Russell.
- Classic, retro design with high-contrast red, white, black and light/sky blue colors.
Measuring about 9 by 10 cm, this patch draws inspiration from the name of the American Antarctic research center which first appears in the iconic 1982 John Carpenter film THE THING and is also featured in two Dark Horse comic books, namely: THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD and THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD: QUESTIONABLE RESEARCH. A 2002 video game also entitled THE THING likewise showcases the said U.S. Antarctic research center.
In the paranoia-flavoured sci-fi horror movie directed by Carpenter, the research base is infiltrated by a shape-shifting extraterrestrial being during the winter of 1982, which leads to the demise of almost everyone there, except for the unlikely survivors, the site’s Chief Mechanic whose name is Childs, and the heroic Helicopter Pilot, R.J. MacReady (portrayed by Kurt Russell).
So wear something that is a part of Hollywood history and celebrate one of the best films by Carpenter, acknowledged as Hollywood’s "Prince of Darkness" and one of its "Masters of Horror". Featuring a classic NATO-like design coupled with high-contrast red, white, black and light/sky blue colors, this patch is sure to attract some attention (and become a conversation-starter) when worn on your denim jeans or shorts, your old shirt or jacket, backpack, etc.